Sunday 7 January 2007

The Execution...

As I am currently on vacation...it has taken quite a bit of time to actually see the full footage of Saddam's execution...I don't know that i have any strong feelings on the matter. I did not support what he stood for or agree with his methods, nor did I like him. Until the invasion of Iraq, I actually hated him for what he had done to Kuwait. Although he deserved to be punished, I do not believe in the death penalty and believe violence does not quell violence, thus we have gained nothing via this execution. I have always believed that the people of Iraq are some of the cruellest in the Arab world, therefore, a dictator like Saddam may have been the only one who was able to control them. Nevertheless, what's done is done and all I have to say is that the only emotion evoked was pity for someone who has become so small and worthless.

No comments: